Five Factor Personality Test
Thank you for your interest in this online personality test, which is based on an International Personality Item Pool representation of the Five Factor Model of personality. The Five Factor Model (also known as the "Big 5") is based on the idea that five main dimensions are necessary and sufficient for broadly describing human personality.
The next page contains the 41 items of the test and some additional questions. Once you have filled these in and submitted the test for scoring, you will be told your scores on these five basic dimensions and given some information about what they mean.
This version of the inventory was developed for use in online psychological research projects and at times may still be used to collect data. Additional questions may also be added from time to time. However, it is possible to take the test without your data being used in research, and you will have the opportunity to request this.
- All of the information you provide will be treated as confidential.
- No information about your identity will be requested at any stage.
- Please answer the questions as honestly and accurately as possible.
- Please make sure you respond to all the items and do not leave any blanks (your test scores cannot be computed if you miss any out).
- No risks or benefits to you as an individual are anticipated as a result of your participation.
- It is assumed that you are taking the test purely for interest: you should never use the information given here for any serious "real life" purposes.
- If you wish to take the test, but do not wish your data to be used for research purposes, you will have the opportunity to say so before submitting the test for scoring.
- You might occasionally get a message that there has been an 'Internal Server Error'. If this happens, refreshing the page should fix things. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
- This website might change or go away entirely with no warning at any time. There are no current plans to take it down, but also no guarantee of its continued existence.
By clicking below you are giving your consent to proceed under the conditions outlined on this page.
This page is maintained by Tom Buchanan to whom any questions or comments should be addressed.